GAME OF SKILL PRIZE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MCDONALD’S CHIEFS SUMMER PARTY PROMOTION
1. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
2. Employees of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (You Know Media, The Chiefs Esports, McDonald's Australia) are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
3. To enter, entrants must answer the question “Why do you want to join the Macca’s and Chiefs summer gaming party?” and complete the entry form at: https://chiefsesc.com/pages/maccas-summer-party.
Only one entry is permitted per person. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
4. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. All entries become and remain the property of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (You Know Media).
6. Winners of the competition must be 18 years old and over and residents of Australia. Winners must also be able to travel to The Chiefs Esports House in Brisbane QLD on the 18th of December 2022, including being fit and able to fly if required.
7. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
8. The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. Prize cannot be exchanged for another itinerary. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
9. The promoter reserves the right to substitute any component of the prize for an itinerary of equal value at their discretion.
10. Prize cannot be gifted to other persons in lieu of the winner not being able to partake. Should the winner not be able to complete all aspects of the itinerary within the period of prize validity, the remaining items shall be forfeited without any replacement for their value. Prize winners will be required to agree to and sign an agreement to be filmed or have their voice captured as part of the prize.
11. Prize includes 5 x winners (individual) transport to The Chiefs Esports house in Brisbane QLD to spend the day with the organization (value not cash, with transport to be covered by You Know Media), with a secondary prize for runners-up winners of 30 x (1 per winner) co-branded McDonald's and Chiefs hat ($35 each) and 30 x (1 per winner) co-branded McDonald's and Chiefs t-shirt ($25 each).
12. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
13. The prize is subject to availability as determined by You Know Media. The prize is valid for December 18, 2022 only.
15. Promotion commences 1 December 2022. Entries close 3pm 14 December 2022.
16. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
17. The Promoter is the You Know Media, 3/72 Edward street, NSW 2010 ABN 47602418468
18. The information you are asked to provide to the promoter is personal information and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. The promoter will not disclose this information to other parties other than in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
19. All entries become the property of the promoter and the You Know Media. The promoter may use the entrant's names and literary pieces for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes. Literary pieces will be published in an anonymized format
20. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
21. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not accept the prize at the time stipulated by You Know Media then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
22. Entries will be judged by You Know Media on December 15, 2022.
23. The winner will be notified in writing by email on the 15th of December 2022. Each winner will have 1 day to confirm that they are available to accept the prize including traveling to The Chiefs Esports house in Brisbane QLD, via flight.
24. If the You Know Media is unable to contact the winner within 1 day of the draw and the You Know Media has made every effort to contact them with the information provided by the entrant then the You Know Media will award the prize to another valid entrant.
25. If the winner is unable to attend or comply with the requirements of the prizing (including flying, travel) and confirm in writing on the 15th of December 2022, then the You Know Media will award the prize to another valid entrant.
26. All entrants who choose to ‘opt-in’ consent to have their contact details (title, first name, surname, email, mobile or landline phone number, mailing address and post-code only), released to You Know Media and receiving ongoing marketing